What is Lemon Rice?
Lemon Rice, a beloved South Indian delicacy, melds the zesty punch of lemon with the warmth of turmeric and the crunch of peanuts. For optimal results, prepare this dish with pre-steamed rice, preferably 2-3 hours passed or repurpose leftover rice. The magic happens when you stir-fry the steamed rice, infusing it with the vibrant flavours of lemon and spices, creating a truly satisfying culinary experience. Lemon rice in Telugu is commonly known as “Nimmakaya Pulihora.” Learn about "How is Lemon Rice Powder Made?"
Is lemon rice good for weight loss?
Lemon rice is a delectable South Indian dish that not only tantalises the taste buds but also offers various health benefits, including weight loss. This flavorful dish combines cooked rice with the zesty goodness of lemon juice and spices. The key to its weight loss benefits lies in its low-calorie and high-fibre content, which promotes a feeling of fullness and eliminates overeating. Additionally, lemon's natural detoxifying properties assist in cleansing the body, potentially aiding weight management efforts. So, while savouring the tangy delight of lemon rice, you can also take a step toward achieving your weight loss goals.
Know about the Lemon Rice Ingredients:
Lemon rice powder can help you create this delightful South Indian dish known for its vibrant flavours and simplicity. The key to its taste is its ingredients to create a harmonious blend. You can either choose ingredients or buy lemon rice powder online.
- Rice: This forms the base of the recipe, typically using long-grain or basmati rice, cooked and cooled to perfection. It provides a mild and fluffy base for the flavours to shine.
- Lemon Juice: The star is fresh lemon juice, which adds a tangy kick that elevates the entire dish. It's not only delicious but also packed with vitamin C.
- Tempering Spices: Mustard seeds, urad dal (black gram), and chana dal (split chickpeas) are for tempering. They impart a delightful crunch and nutty undertones. You can also add lemon rice powder to get a similar taste.
- Green Chilies: Sliced or chopped green chillies provide a mild heat that balances the sourness of the lemon.
- Curry Leaves: Fresh curry leaves lend an earthy, aromatic note to the dish, enhancing its overall flavour profile.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric adds a beautiful golden hue, bringing warmth and depth to the rice.
- Peanuts: Roasted peanuts provide a delightful crunch and a subtle nuttiness that complements the citrusy notes of the lemon.
- Coconut: Grated coconut, often used as a garnish, adds a touch of sweetness and texture.
- Salt: Essential for enhancing the flavours and balancing the dish.
These ingredients are combined skillfully. It creates delicious and refreshing lemon rice. It is a culinary delight and a wholesome meal option.
Insights into the Lemon Rice Nutrients:
Lemon rice offers a blend of nutrients, making it a flavorful and nutritious choice. It's a good source of carbohydrates from rice, providing energy. The lemon juice adds vitamin C, which boosts immunity and aids in iron absorption. Turmeric provides anti-inflammatory properties. Peanuts contribute protein and healthy fats, while curry leaves and mustard seeds offer essential vitamins and minerals. Overall, lemon rice is a balanced dish that combines taste with health benefits, making it a popular choice in South Indian cuisine.
Learn the Simple Pressure Cooker Lemon Rice Recipe:
Lemon Rice, a delightful and tangy rice preparation, involves infusing cooked rice with a burst of lemon juice and spices. You can use a pressure cooker to streamline the process, making it a quick and convenient choice. Discover the step-by-step guide to crafting this mouthwatering Lemon Rice dish in your pressure cooker.
- Begin by rinsing and soaking 3/4 cup of raw rice in water for 15 minutes. Add 1.5 cups of water to a pressure cooker and cook on medium heat for two whistles. Adjust the water quantity based on the rice variety you choose.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat source and let the pressure release naturally. Once the lid is off, check with a fork to gently fluff the rice.
- Now rice is cooked. You can put it in a pan or plate to cool. While it cools, heat a tablespoon of oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat. Add 6-8 cashews and three tablespoons of raw peanuts. Alternatively, you can use ghee for roasting.
- Sauté them until they turn a light, golden-brown hue. Then, transfer them to a plate.
- In this next step, pour half a teaspoon of oil into the same pressure cooker. As it heats up, toss in one teaspoon of mustard seeds. Once they start crackling, introduce 1/2 tablespoon of chana dal, a teaspoon of urad dal, and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Sauté the mixture for about 30 seconds, then incorporate 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric powder and add ½ tablespoon of lemon rice powder.
- Combine the ingredients thoroughly: add the steamed rice, salt, and the previously fried cashews and peanuts. Stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle in the lemon juice. Enjoy!
- Allow the pressure cooker to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes to cool down. This resting period allows the spices and flavours to infuse into the rice.
- For the finishing touch, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and transfer the dish to a serving bowl.
This simple and easy-to-cook pressure cooker lemon rice is a must-try for health-conscious individuals. Lemon rice is a source of nutrients like carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and fibre. You can add lemon rice powder to make the cooking process more simplified and easy to cook.
Lemon Rice is a tantalising South Indian dish that marries the zest of lemon with a symphony of spices, creating a burst of flavours on your palate. Its versatility, ease of preparation, and delightful taste make it a favourite in Indian cuisine.
Moreover, its convenience, Lemon Rice powder is available, offering a quick way to recreate this dish. This powdered blend typically includes roasted lentils, curry leaves, and other spices, simplifying the cooking process. Whether prepared traditionally or with the help of Lemon Rice powder, this dish embodies the essence of Indian culinary culture, offering a delightful and refreshing experience.
Surya Masale offers the best lemon rice brand powder online at a competitive price. Our brand ‘Surya’ produces 7000 tons of different spices annually. All our spices are premium quality, unadulterated, balanced flavours, and preserve the traditional taste. You can buy lemon rice powder online from our official website.