Besan, also known as gram flour or besan flour, is a versatile and nutritious ingredient that has been a staple in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine for centuries. The source of besan is chickpeas. Besan is a finely milled flour with a distinct earthy flavour and a pale yellow colour. Its popularity extends beyond its culinary uses, offering many health benefits.
Besan is ground-dried chickpeas, which are legumes belonging to the family Fabaceae. The process involves removing the outer skin of chickpeas and grinding the inner part into a fine powder. This results in a gluten-free flour suitable for those with gluten intolerances or celiac disease.
Know about the Besan Atta Uses:
In the realm of culinary arts, besan plays a fundamental role in a wide range of dishes. It is an ingredient in popular Indian snacks like pakoras, dhokla, and besan chilla, lending a delightful nutty flavour and a crispy texture when fried or cooked. Additionally, it is often used as a thickening agent in gravies, soups, and curries, imparting a rich and velvety consistency.
Besan's versatility goes beyond savoury preparations, as it is also an integral component in various desserts, including sweets like besan ladoo and Mysore pak. In baking, besan is utilised for gluten-free cakes, cookies, and bread, providing a unique flavour profile and a moist texture.
Known about the Besan Atta Benefits:
Besan is known for its culinary applications; it boasts numerous health benefits. It is a rich source of plant-based protein, making it an excellent choice for vegetarians and vegans to meet their protein requirements. Furthermore, it is abundant in dietary fibre, aids digestion and promotes a feeling of fullness.
Besan is replete with essential nutrients, including vitamins such as B6 and folate, and minerals like iron, magnesium, and zinc. These nutrients contribute to improved immunity, energy production, and overall well-being.
Besan, or gram flour, is a remarkable ingredient with a long history of culinary and health-related uses. The flavour and nutritional value of dishes and health benefits make besan a valuable addition to any kitchen. Whether you're preparing savoury snacks, hearty curries, or delectable desserts, besan is an indispensable ingredient that continues to delight taste buds and nourish bodies in different parts of the world. You must add besan recipes to your breakfast for a confident start to your morning.
Did you know besan, aka chickpea flour, is gluten-free and perfect for breakfast? Explore creative besan breakfast ideas today!
Know about 5 Healthy Besan Recipes for Breakfast:
Besan, our perennial kitchen companion, finds a place every season, from monsoon's crispy pakoras to summer's light besan ka chilla. But do you know its nutritional prowess? Just 50 grams of besan boasts 29 grams of carbs, 12 grams of protein, 3 grams of healthy fats, and a modest 194 calories. It's a nutritional powerhouse, offering the makings of a well-rounded meal.
Besan should be more than a seasonal staple; it's a year-round nutritional gem waiting to shine. Don't let it gather dust in the corner of your cabinets. Embrace its versatility and health benefits by incorporating it into your daily routine. Consider starting your day with besan-based breakfast creations that not only tantalise your taste buds but also provide essential nutrients to kickstart your day with energy and vitality.
Explore these besan breakfast ideas to unlock the full potential of this humble yet remarkable ingredient, making every morning a delicious and nutritious start.
- Besan Chilla: For breakfast, Besan Chilla is a supremely satisfying and nutritious choice. Its simplicity in preparation is matched only by its ability to keep hunger at bay for extended periods. Whether paired with your beloved pickle or refreshing buttermilk, besan chilla ensures you start your day on the right note, energised and ready to tackle whatever lies ahead.
- Steamed Dhokla: Dhoklas hold a special place in every Gujarati's heart as a beloved snack. These oil-free, feather-light treats are the perfect way to kickstart your day. Imagine savouring warm, fluffy dhoklas infused with curry leaves and chilli tempering, a delightful morning ritual. Pair these soft, spongy delights with coffee or tea for breakfast. This breakfast is going to be comforting.
- Besan Idli: Like dhokla, besan idlis offers a mouth-watering breakfast alternative. Create these delectable treats by blending besan with semolina and an assortment of your beloved veggies, then steam them to perfection. Add a pinch of fruit salt to the mix for extra lightness and fluffiness. These besan idlis are a delightful way to incorporate nutrition and flavour into your morning routine, ensuring your day starts on a delicious note while providing a wholesome and satisfying meal.
- Methi Thepla: Methi theplas, crafted from whole wheat flour, besan (gram flour), and fragrant fenugreek leaves, are a versatile delight suitable for any mealtime. These flatbreads are a satisfying snack or a complete meal. Pair them with a dollop of plain yoghurt or your favourite pickle for a delightful burst of flavours. Whether enjoyed as a quick bite or a wholesome accompaniment, methi theplas promise a delicious culinary experience that combines the earthiness of whole wheat and besan with the unique aroma of fenugreek, adding depth to your food adventure.
- Besan Toast: Besan toast is your go-to breakfast on those rushed mornings when you hit snooze too many times. It's the epitome of quick, nutritious, and satisfying. You need bread, besan, and a few spices to make besan or gram flour toast. You can whip up this meal effortlessly. Begin preparing it while booking your cab, and you'll have a warm, nourishing breakfast ready when your ride arrives. It's the ideal solution for busy mornings when you need a tasty and efficient way to fuel up before tackling the day ahead.
Besan’s presence in Indian kitchens often goes underutilised. However, its gluten-free nature makes it an excellent choice for a vegan breakfast. Mix besan with water and your preferred ingredients to create a quick, nutritious, and hearty morning meal. Unlock the potential of besan to craft a delicious breakfast that caters to your dietary preferences while providing a wholesome start to your day. You can also try these five (5) besan breakfast recipes mentioned above.
Besan is a culinary and nutritional powerhouse and is the centre of various cuisines worldwide. Its versatility shines through besan recipes, from savoury snacks like pakoras, dhoklas, and chillas to delectable desserts like besan ladoo. Besan's gluten-free nature makes it an excellent choice for those with dietary restrictions, particularly vegans.
Besan is not just a culinary star; it also boasts impressive nutritional benefits. Besan flour is rich in protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals. It contributes to improved digestion, enhanced immunity, and overall well-being. Its low glycemic index makes it suitable for managing blood sugar levels.
Moreover, besan is a cornerstone of beauty regimens, serving as an effective ingredient in natural skincare remedies. Its exfoliating and cleansing properties benefit face packs and scrubs.
Whether savouring the flavours of besan in your favourite dishes or reaping its health and beauty rewards, this versatile ingredient continues to prove its worth in kitchens, homes, and well-being rituals worldwide. Besan exemplifies the saying, “Food is medicine,” offering a delicious and wholesome way to nourish the body and soul.
Our brand ‘Surya’ provides premium quality besan flour at a competitive price. Buy besan atta Online from our official website of Surya Masale. Our masalas, pickles, snacks, and sweets are high quality and reputed online. You can contact our customer care through WhatsApp.