The monsoon season has arrived, providing much-needed relief from the intense summer heat. However, while this refreshing season brings beauty to the surroundings, it also brings a range of diseases. From the common cold, flu, and cough to diseases transmitted by vectors, the monsoon can hurt your health. Therefore, immunity-boosting foods are recommended by health experts. The food we eat during the monsoon should focus on discipline and hygiene (nutrition during monsoon is imperative for good health).
Monsoon spices typically play a significant role in cooking,and incorporating them into our diets has generally improved our overall well-being. These spices offer numerous health benefits. They not only boost metabolism but also enhance immune levels. The humid environment and weakened immune system create favourable conditions for germs to infect our bodies and lead to complications. Monsoon spices prove to be beneficial in such situations. Understanding their medicinal values and learning how to incorporate them into our diet helps us prevent these infections.
Monsoon: The Season of Freshly Produced Spices
Monsoon is the time when various spices are grown and are farm fresh. It's the season when the aroma and taste of spices are at their peak. One should include monsoon foods like spices in meals to experience their vibrant flavours and reap their health benefits.
- Warming and Drying Effects of Spices: During the monsoon, our bodies feel cold and damp due to the weather conditions. Spices have natural warming and drying properties that can help counteract these effects. Ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric possess these qualities. Adding them to your diet can help keep your body warm and dry, which is essential in avoiding sickness during this time of the year. Therefore, you should buy monsoon-friendly foods.
- Boosting Immunity: One of the significant advantages of consuming spices during the monsoon is their ability to boost our immune system. Spices like garlic, black pepper, and cloves have antimicrobial properties that can help protect against infections and strengthen our body's defence mechanisms. One should order seasonal fruits and vegetables during the monsoon season for good health.
- Promoting Digestion: Digestive issues happen during the monsoon season due to the high humidity levels. Including spices such as cumin, coriander, and fennel in your meals can aid in digestion and alleviate common digestive problems like bloating and indigestion.
- Combating Seasonal Ailments: The monsoon season is known for diseases like colds, coughs, and flu. However, consuming certain spices can help eradicate these symptoms and provide relief. For example, turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and can help soothe a sore throat or cough.
- Enhancing Flavour in Monsoon Recipes: Spices offer numerous health benefits but add depth and richness to monsoon recipes. Whether it's a piping hot bowl of soup or a delicious curry, the right combination of spices can transform a simple dish into a culinary delight.
7 Surya Masala Spices to Buy Online During Monsoon
1. Ginger: Despite its commonness, ginger is a remarkable source of antioxidants that enhance your body's immunity. It aids in increasing metabolism, boosting digestion, and alleviating symptoms of monsoon diseases. During the monsoon season, the stomach is often susceptible to discomfort. However, a cup of ginger tea can help you find calm and prevent issues like dizziness, nausea, and allergic reactions. Ginger is widely known for its effectiveness in treating colds, coughs, and sore throats. Its antiviral and antibacterial properties are particularly beneficial for combating the flu. Moreover, ginger acts as a natural expectorant, facilitating the loosening of mucus and soothing lung tissues.
2. Turmeric: Turmeric is a beloved spice among Indians. It is known for its unique properties that boost immunity and aid in the treatment of various viral infections. During the monsoon seasons, turmeric effectively clears respiratory blockages caused by cough and cold. It also helps alleviate breathing issues and provides warmth to the body during cold weather. Turmeric can be consumed as spices in food or enjoyed as soothing turmeric milk or latte, which is considered a comprehensive remedy for colds. It is one of the best monsoon wellness tips.
3. Black Pepper: Embrace the captivating power of black pepper, a versatile spice that comes in 'whole, crushed, or powdered' forms. Beyond its culinary magic, black pepper is known for its multitudes of remarkable properties that transcend flavour enhancement. Black Paper/Kali Mirch is also known for its carminative qualities that effortlessly tame the unruly tides of intestinal gas and other gastrointestinal woes. But its benefits extend far beyond that, as this humble spice boasts digestive enzymes and appetite. Brace yourself for its anti-inflammatory prowess, shielding your body from the perils of inflammation. Embrace its antioxidant might, as it fearlessly combats the onslaught of harmful free radicals. Witness its antibacterial powers, standing sentinel against unwelcome invaders. And in times of feverish distress, black pepper steps forward, soothingly reducing the body's temperature.
- Garlic: Garlic, also known as allium sativum, is often avoided by our society due to its strong taste. However, it is a spice we shouldn't underestimate. Garlic can address common health issues arising during the monsoon season, such as colds and fever. It can be considered an appetiser. Consumption of garlic increases the number of T-cells in the blood, which helps prevent viral infections. Garlic possesses antibacterial and antifungal properties. There are various ways to consume garlic. We can boil garlic in water or chopped into small pieces and incorporate it into our daily meals. Let's make garlic paste or garlic a part of our rainy season diet.
- Thymol Seeds: The other name for 'Thymol seeds' is ajwain, which is widely recognized as a digestive stimulant. The essential oils, bioactive compounds, and minerals in ajwain help eliminate symptoms like nausea and stomach discomfort. The symptoms are often associated with an unhealthy or weak digestive system. Consuming ajwain water can promote a healthy and efficient digestion process. You should undoubtedly shop for immunity-boosting foods during the rainy season.
- Fennel Seeds: Discover the benefits of fennel seeds, an aromatic spice widely renowned for its mouth-refreshing properties. Indulge in this delightful spice after meals to experience its science-backed advantages in aiding digestion, relieving gas, and preventing indigestion.
Fennel seeds are rich in active chemicals that work wonders for your digestive system. Their potent properties can effectively soothe discomfort, allowing you to enjoy your meals. Whether consumed as an infusion, added to your favourite dishes, or enjoyed directly, fennel seeds are a versatile and flavorful addition to your monsoon foods.
Experience the natural power of fennel seeds and unlock healthier digestion while enjoying a burst of freshness. Incorporate this simple yet powerful spice into seasonal fruits and vegetables
and savour the numerous benefits fennel brings to your overall well-being. Therefore, experts suggest having healthy eating in the monsoon.
- Cumin Seeds: Cumin promotes digestion by enhancing the secretion of digestive enzymes and bile from the liver. It also contains phytochemical compounds that act as potent antioxidants. These two qualities make it an essential spice to include in your meals, particularly during the monsoon season when the digestive system is more prone to infections, bloating, dyspepsia, and illnesses.
These seven spices are secret to keep monsoon diseases at bay. Let’s make our life spicy with Surya Masale, the pioneer in the spice industry. They are known for their spices, blended masala, culinary paste, and whole spices.
You can buy these seven rainy season spices online from ‘Surya Masale’ to boost your rainy season health, all available at competitive prices. You can get monsoon wellness products from the ‘Surya Masale e-store’ delivered to your doorstep. Visit the Surya Masale e-store to purchase healthy snacks for the monsoon and buy different spices. Surya Masale is known for its 100% genuine, fresh, and unadulterated spices.